petak, 31. srpnja 2020.

5 books to read this Summer


Hello everyone!
After long time of writing hauls and outfit posts I decided to write you another “book post”. I’ve read few books lately and I want to show you my thoughts about them or just to give you some inspiration of what to read.


 
Richard Paul Evans : The Christmas Box
''After living in southern California, Rick and Keri return to Utah with their four-year old daughter Jenna to start up a formal wear rental business many years ago. The couple answers an ad for a live-in family to prepare meals and do light household chores for a wealthy, elderly woman, but the details are not given. The arrangements are made and the family enjoys staying with their new matriarch, Mrs. Mary Anne Parkin in her spacious Victorian mansion. Rick begins hearing music and is drawn by an angel to examine items in the attic of the house. He finds a music box with the Nativity etched onto its surface. Inside are intimate letters dated from years before.''

I like everything that is Christmassy and that’s why I only liked this book. But all in all, I really haven’t find anything interesting about this book. I find it a litlle bit too short and without any plot. 
Rating : 3



Victoria Hislop : The Island
''On the brink of a life-changing decision, Alexis Fielding longs to find out about her mother's past. But Sofia has never spoken of it. All she admits to is growing up in a small Cretan village before moving to London. When Alexis decides to visit Crete, however, Sofia gives her daughter a letter to take to an old friend, and promises that through her she will learn more.

Arriving in Plaka, Alexis is astonished to see that it lies a stone's throw from the tiny, deserted island of Spinalonga - Greece's former leper colony. Then she finds Fotini, and at last hears the story that Sofia has buried all her life: the tale of her great-grandmother Eleni and her daughters and a family rent by tragedy, war and passion. She discovers how intimately she is connected with the island, and how secrecy holds them all in its powerful grip.''

One of currently my favourite books is this one. I liked every part of it, it so interesting, emotional and yet based on a real story. There is also a movie based on this book which is pretty great. I highly recommend it to you and my grandma is going to read it now so I hope she’ll like it as much as I did. 
Rating : 5


Simonida Milojković : Ljubav u doba kokaina
 ''Ljubav u doba kokaina je dramatična i porazna ispovest beogradske studentkinje, koju je njen mladić gurnuo u pakao droge. Glavna junakinja Nina zaljubljuje se u svog vršnjaka, zavodnika i kozera Marka, i postaje zavisna od njegove pažnje i ljubavi. Ali njen svet se ruši kad je se on zasiti i kad je ostavi. Spremna je na sve da bi ga ponovo vratila, a kada joj on u jednom noćnom klubu ponudi kokain, bez razmišljanja prihvata: tako se njenoj zavisnosti od ljubavi pridružuje i zavisnost od teških droga...

Ni u svom novom romanu autorka Grabljivice ne preza da stvari nazove svojim imenima, stvaraju
ći uverljive i prepoznatljive likove jedne izgubljene generacije u zemlji bez nade i iluzija, i vodeći radnju lako i jednostavno. Posebnu boju ovom novom romanu o stranputicama današnjih mladih ljudi daju neposredan ispovedni ton glavne junakinje, obraćanje bez uvijanja i prećutkivanja, otvoreno i bez kajanja.'' *summary on Croatian because it's a Croatian book''

This book was so interesting to read but the only thing is that it was so similar to the book I’ve already read. However it was so realistic and I really liked it. 
Rating : 4,5




Guillaume Musso : Because I love you 
''It is the story of Layla, a five-year-old girl, who disappears in a supermarket in Los Angeles. Her parents find themselves unable to cope with her disappearance and break up due to the unbearable pain resting in their hearts and eyes. However, five years later, Layla is found in the same place where she went missing. She’s alive but speechless, and her disappearance, as well as the reason behind her return, remain unknown throughout the novel.''
 
At first, when I was starting with reading I thought this is going to be some love story, but actually it wasn’t. I liked the story of it and I enjoyed in ending. 
Rating : 4,8


John Marrs : The One 
 ''A simple DNA test is all it takes. Just a quick mouth swab and soon you’ll be matched with your perfect partner the one you are genetically made for.

That’s the promise made by Match Your DNA. A decade ago, the company announced that they had found the gene that pairs each of us with our soul mate. Since then, millions of people around the world have been matched. But the discovery has its downsides: test results have led to the breakup of countless relationships and upended the traditional ideas of dating, romance and love.

Now five very different people have received the notification that they’ve been “Matched.” They’re each about to meet their one true love. But “happily ever after” isn’t guaranteed for everyone. Because even soul mates have secrets. And some are more shocking than others…''

 
Okay, wow wow wow! I really enjoyed this book and it kept me interested whole time. This gets my full reccomendation! 
Rating : 5

Broj komentara: 8:

  1. Odgovori
    1. I want to thank Dr Emu a very powerful spell caster who help me to bring my husband back to me, few month ago i have a serious problem with my husband, to the extend that he left the house, and he started dating another woman and he stayed with the woman, i tried all i can to bring him back, but all my effort was useless until the day my friend came to my house and i told her every thing that had happened between me and my husband, then she told me of a powerful spell caster who help her when she was in the same problem I then contact Dr Emu and told him every thing and he told me not to worry my self again that my husband will come back to me after he has cast a spell on him, i thought it was a joke, after he had finish casting the spell, he told me that he had just finish casting the spell, to my greatest surprise within 48 hours, my husband really came back begging me to forgive him, if you need his help you can contact him with via email: Emutemple@gmail.com or add him up on his whatsapp +2347012841542 is willing to help any body that need his help.

      Izbriši
  2. Very interesting books ;) I like guillaume musso books:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I love reading so much. It is always interesting to hear about different books and recommendations! Christmas themed books are some of my favourites so you are not alone on that!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. OHHH I'M OBSESSED N READING BOOKS, THANKS FOR THE TIPS LOVE IT!!

    April of: https://thepromdichic.wordpress.com/2020/08/03/adjustments/
    Instagram: @aprilnunezzz

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Here is  my testimony on how I was cured of HIV by Dr Akhigbe,with his natural herbal medicine.  on a regular basis in efforts to help others when I could. As you may know, each donation is tested.  Well, on July 6th I had a meeting with a Red Cross representative and was told that I had HIV. “What went through your mind when you heard that "Rose" Good question reader! To be honest, I thought my life was over, that I would ever find love, get married, have children or anything normal. Lucky for me I have an amazing support system.  My family supported me then I never thought that I was invincible to STD s or pregnancy or anything else parents warn their kids about. I just didn’t think about it. I was in a monogamous relationship and thought that I asked the right questions.  We even talked about marriage Scary.  During that time I was in college and donated blood on a re as well. who helped me in search of cure through the media.there we saw a good testimony of sister 'Kate' about the good work of Dr Akhigbe natural herbal medicine cure.then I copied his email address and contacted him. A good herbalist doctor with a good heart, he is kind, loving and caring. He replied back to my message and told me what to do. After a week the doctor sent me my herbal medicine and instructed me how to take it.Yes it worked very well, after drinking it I went to the hospital for another test and everything turned negative. What a wonderful testimony I can never forget in my life. Dr Akhigbe is a man who gave me a life to live happily forever so all I want you all to believe and know that cure of HIV is real and herbs is a powerful medicine and it works and heals.  Dr Akhigbe also used his herbal medicine to cure diseases like:   HERPES, DIABETES, SCABIES, HEPATITIS A/B, STROKE, CANCER, ALS, TUBERCULOSIS, ASTHMA, PENIS ENLARGEMENT, MALARIA, LUPUS, LIVER CIRRHOSIS, DEPRESSION, HIV/AIDS, EPILEPSY, BACTERIAL, DIARRHEA, HEART DISEASES, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, PARKINSON'S, ALZHEIMER, COLD URTICARIA, HUMAN PAPILLOMAVIRUS,INSOMNIA,  BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS, SCHIZOPHRENIA, JOINT PAIN, STOMACH PAIN, CHROME DISEASES, CHLAMYDIA, INSOMNIA HEARTBURN, ,  THYROID, MAR BURG DISEASES, MENINGITIS, ARTHRITIS, BODY WEAK, SMALLPOX, DENGUE, FEVER, CURBS, CHANCRE, AND OTHERS VARIOUS DISEASES/ VIRUS.   You are there and you find yourself in any of these situations, kindly contact Dr Akhigbe now to help you get rid of it. Here is his email address:
       drrealakhigbe@gmail.com      or you can write to him on whats app with his phone number:   +2349010754824.
      My appreciation is to share his testimony for the world to know the good work Dr Akhigbe has done for me and he will do the same for you.
       

    OdgovoriIzbriši